National Agricultural Research Organisation
Bulindi Zonal Agricultural Research Institute
P. O. Box 101
Hoima - Uganda
Tel (mobile): +256-782-854844 /+256702854844
Email: Kakeetor@yahoo.com OR email@example.com
Weeds Ecology science, Plant Physiology, Crop protection, Crops Agronomy, Crop variety selection, and Seed science
Ronald is a Crops Agronomist Scientist; currently his work involves exploring physiological and performance responses of crop germplasm to climate change-ready management options, testing the adaptation of crops to biophysical stresses and, Developing Farmer Participatory Research Methodologies. He is also working on pre and post rice crop research for system intensification. Apart from research, he is also involved in technology dissemination and in various training and promotion activities especially on Upland rice. Ronald works with colleagues from other Public Research institutions with in Uganda under the NARO Agronomists’ forum. His research interest is Plant breeding using biotechnology tools especially in rice for low input farming systems in Africa.
Ronald began his career at the Makerere University, Kampala (MUK) studying, researching, and lecturing in crop sciences. During his MSc, he conducted field research in Tobacco-growing areas of Uganda. He was offered a position in Crop Protection Department of Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries MAAIF) as Agricultural Inspector in 2004. Thereafter, he was offered a position in National Agricultural Research Organisation in 2007 based in Bulindi Zonal Agricultural Research and Developement Institute (BuZARDI) as Research Agronomist, where he still continues his research today.
- MSc 2009 (Crop Science), Makerere University, Uganda
- BSc 2003 (Agriculture), Makerere University, Uganda
- Scientist/Agronomist, NARO (Mar. 2009 - Current)
- Research assistant/Agronomist, NARO (Oct 2007- Mar 2009)
- Agricultural Inspector, MAAIF (Jul 2004- Oct 2007)
- Kakeeto, R. 2007. Impact of tobacco growing on flora in Hoima. Msc. Thesis submitted to Faculty of Agriculture, Makerere University, Kampala
- Kakeeto, R. Rubaihayo, P.R, Rwakaikara M.S.& R.Trevelyan, 2005. Effect of Tobacco Growing on flora of Hoima District-Uganda. Poster: In African Crop Science Proceedings at Botanical Beach Hotel Entebbe. Uganda Vol. 3. pp. 1245-1255.
- Mudde, B. Kakeeto, R. Kyamanywa, S. Rubaihayo, P.R. & R.Trevelyan, 2005. Effect of Tobacco Growing on Abundance of arthropods in Hoima-Uganda Poster: In African Crop Science Proceedings at Botanical Beach Hotel Entebbe. Uganda Vol. 3. pp. 1245-1255.